ATP Sanitation Tests
ATP Testing for Sanitation Verification
Sanitation is integral to food safety, to healthcare, and other industries. In a food processing facility, undesired, microscopic substances can change the appearance, taste, and safety of food. Likewise, in healthcare facilities, undesired microorganisms in patient rooms or on surgical equipment can spread infection.
Charm Sciences provides tests that enable customers to check for cleanliness on the microscopic level in a quick, cost-effective, and objective manner. These tests are performed in seconds and enable immediate remediation if needed.
Our ATP Testing Swabs & Systems Include:
- Quick results in only 5 seconds.
- Superior Sensitivity with the novaLUM II-X technology.
- Wet and dry surface verification.
- Integrated data management software to track, trace, and trend results.
- Room-temperate stable swabs for up to 12 months.
- Recyclable components for reduced waste.
PocketSwab Plus ATP Swab (Surface Hygiene Verification)
The PocketSwab Plus rapid ATP (adenosine triphosphate) swab is room-temperature stable, self-contained, single service test that enables total surface hygiene verification in only 5 seconds, allowing real-time corrective action. The PocketSwab Plus ATP swab is relied on for cleaning verification and validation of sanitation and hygiene practices to help prevent cross-contamination and microbial challenges due to ineffective sanitation procedures. Data is collected, tracked, and trended for HACCP documentation and food safety audit purposes.
WaterGiene ATP Swab (Water Sanitation Verification)
WaterGiene ATP swab is used to test the sanitation of water, including CIP water, rinse waters, and cooling water. The WaterGiene swab measures water cleanliness in 20 seconds by measuring total ATP. High ATP levels indicate that microorganisms, food, and other biologicals are present in the water.
AllerGiene ATP Swab (Allergen Control)
AllerGiene ATP swab is an ATP-based allergen control test designed to prevent cross-contact from allergenic food soil on process equipment. It measures ATP (adenosine triphosphate) at low levels as an indicator for the presence of food on wet-cleaned surfaces or rinse waters. The AllerGiene swab is a simple 20-second test with sufficient high sensitivity to allergenic food residues. The swab achieves detections comparable to specific allergen methods — 0.1 to 25 ppm for most of the eight allergen food groups: peanut butter, wheat, soybeans, crustacean (shrimp), milk, tree nuts, egg, and sesame.
FieldSwab ATP Swab (Outdoor Sanitation Monitoring)
FieldSwab ATP swab enables food safety programs to be implemented outdoors. Like the PocketSwab Plus ATP swab, the FieldSwab test rapidly detects ATP (adenosine triphosphate) as a measure of surface cleanliness. This is done by measuring the light units produced when ATP reacts with luciferin/luciferase. The FieldSwab test has a light-blocking cover to prevent interferences from daylight and uses a specially calibrated channel on the novaLUM II-X system.
novaLUM II-X System (Luminometer)
The novaLUM II-X system is a palm sized luminometer that offers superior science for advanced sanitation control. It utilizes a technologically advanced photomultiplier tube (PMT) that amplifies ATP (adenosine triphosphate) allowing detection of lower levels of microbial and organic contamination.
What Is ATP Testing?
Industries such as food and beverage processing, hospitality, and the water sector use rapid ATP tests to quickly assess samples or surfaces’ cleanliness.
Living cells and organic matter use Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP), the universal unit of energy. Most microbial cells and foods contain some level of naturally occurring ATP. ATP swabs with luminometers detect residual ATP as an indicator of surface cleanliness.
What Industries Need ATP Testing?
Charm Sciences’ diagnostics portfolio includes ATP monitoring systems and swabs to protect the brand and reputation of industries such as:
- Dairy Processing: Charm’s ATP swab tests protect the reputation of companies selling milk and other dairy products.
- Feed & Grain Processing: We’ve partnered with farmers to create equipment and test kits to suit their needs. Charm food safety tests also allow regulators to test processing facilities and shipping containers for proper hygiene.
- Food & Beverage Processing: Charm designs ATP swab tests to help food manufacturers meet various regulations, processing standards, and sanitation standards.
- Hospitality: Hotel managers trust our PocketSwab Plus test to swab high-touch surfaces like handles, remotes, and sinks.
- Water: Charm’s ATP monitoring system tests water quality to improve water management, hygiene, and sanitation.
ATP Testing Best Practices
Understanding how our technology will work within a larger program is vital when utilizing an ATP testing device.
Abiding by ATP testing best practices ensure optimal results:
- Start by mapping your entire facility into zones.
- Work with your team to choose the most relevant test points while mapping the complete environment.
- Determine the testing scheme best suited to your test points’ unique purposes.
- When evaluating how important given test points are, consider how challenging the surface is to clean.
- Monitor Zone 1 test points daily or after cleaning them and before employees use them, as these areas are of the highest risk.
- Monitor lower risk areas often enough to ensure sanitation efforts are sufficient to secure your facility’s safety.
- Evaluate each ATP monitoring system over time to increase the effectiveness of your cleaning process and lower your overall risk.
Why Should You Choose Charm’s ATP Tests and Equipment?
Charm Sciences offers an industry-leading ATP hygiene monitoring system that stands above the rest in terms of the impact of temperature and time on the repeatability and accuracy of test results. We obtain validations by working closely with regulatory agencies and have earned a reputation as the diagnostics supplier of choice globally.
We offer a highly sensitive ATP monitoring system to help manufacturers and inspectors in various industries determine the level of product cleanliness. Our system combines three essential components — the test device design, the bioluminescence chemistry, and the luminometer — to outperform the rest.
We offer state-of-the-art, custom-specified photomultipliers (PMTs) for detecting ATP. These devices are more sensitive to light than other devices, namely photodiodes. Because the minimum detectable light level is much lower for PMTs than other instruments, they are better suited for detecting ATP.
Contact Sales for Questions or a Free Consultation!
Have a sales questions or looking to find solutions to a sanitation problem? Send us a message, and a sales representative will contact you!