ROSA AFQ-WETS5 Aflatoxin Quantitative Test
The ROSA AFQ-WETS5 Aflatoxin Quantitative Test detects aflatoxin rapidly and quantitatively utilizing ROSA (Rapid One Step Assay) lateral flow technology. The WET method uses an extraction powder added to the sample followed by water (e.g., bottled water) to extract aflatoxin.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration (GIPSA) has awarded a 5-year contract to Charm Sciences to monitor aflatoxin in grains utilizing Charm’s ROSA WET-S5 Aflatoxin Quantitative Test (water-based) and ROSA FAST Aflatoxin Quantitative Test (organic solvent-based). See the announcement in the News tab below.
This Rapid One Step Assay is a quantitative lateral flow test that is read in the Charm EZ-M system or the ROSA-M Reader.
The ROSA AFQ-WETS5 test is USDA-FGIS approved for detecting aflatoxin in the following commodities:
- Quantitative results in 5 minutes
- USDA-FGIS approved for Corn, DDGS, Sorghum, Soybeans, Wheat
- Materials may be disposed as normal waste providing positive mycotoxin samples do not violate local regulations
- Water extraction – no methanol or ethanol required
- Uses existing equipment; ROSA-M Reader and Charm EZ-M system do not require end-user instrument calibration, standard curve built into reader
- Meets USDA-FGIS regulations for humans, immature animals, and dairy animals of 20 ppb with dilutions, for breeding cattle, breeding swine, and mature poultry up to 150 ppb.
- Meets European Union regulations for maize subjected to sorting or treatment of 5.0 ppb.
Have a sales question? Send us a message and a sales representative will contact you.