Charm II Sulfonamides
The Charm II Sulfa Drugs tests detect sulfonamides in milk, honey, grain, and tissue.
For milk testing in the US, the Charm II tests can be performed using a sequential or competitive assay. Both assays detect four sulfonamides at or below US safe levels. The US SULFA competitive assay for milk is recognized by the NCIMS (National Conference on Interstate Milk Shippers).
The Charm II EU test for milk detects sulfonamides at the EU MRL of 100 ppb total sulfonamides in cow milk. This test may also be used, with a modified procedure, to detect sulfamethazine (sulfadimidine) at the CODEX MRL of 25 ppb.
The Charm II Sufa Drugs tissue test can be used to test any animal including cattle, swine, chicken, and salmon. Charm II tests are also used to detect sulfonamides in grains, such as cracked corn, and in honey.
Charm II tests run on the Charm II system and are designed for use by veterinarians, laboratory and regulatory personnel. They provide a comprehensive analysis of biological residues on multiple matrices, and meet EU MRLs and US FDA Safe Levels.
Charm II tests use a binding reagent with specific receptor sites. The binder is added to a sample along with an exempt amount of labeled tracer. Any drugs in the sample compete for the binding sites with this tracer. The amount of tracer that binds to the receptor sites is measured and compared to a previously determined Control Point. The Control Point is the cutoff point between a negative or positive sample. The greater the amount of tracer measured, the lower the drug concentration in the sample. The smaller the amount of tracer measured, the greater the drug concentration in the sample.
- Milk tests detect sulfonamides at US safe levels, EU MRL, or CODEX MRL
- The US milk assay is recognized by the NCIMS (National Conference on Interstate Milk Shippers) when the competitive assay is used.
- Tissue test detects sulfonamides at US safe levels and EU and CODEX MRLs
- Grain and honey tests are available
- Tests take 10-15 minutes after any needed extraction
- One platform tests multiple sample types
- Tests designed for use by veterinary, laboratory, field, and regulatory personnel
- The Charm II SULFA test for milk detects four sulfonamide drugs at or below US safe level. The Charm II SULFA test is recognized by the National Conference on Interstate Milk Shipments (NCIMS) when the competitive assay is used.
- The Charm II SULFAMRL test for milk detects sulfonamides at the EU MRL of 100 ppb total sulfonamides in cow milk. It also detects sulfamethazine (sulfadimidine) at the CODEX MRL of 25 ppb with a modified procedure. Central Reference Laboratory (CRL) guidelines available upon request.
Have a sales question? Send us a message and a sales representative will contact you.