Two types of Charm II kits for testing the aminoglycoside family of drugs are available. One type detects gentamicin/ neomycin drug combinations and the other detects gentamicin/ streptomycin drug combinations.
Milk and urine samples require no extraction. Other sample extractions—grain, serum, tissue, and water—take 15 to 60 minutes. Results are available in 10 to 15 minutes.
Charm II tests run on the Charm II system and are designed for use by veterinarians, laboratory and regulatory personnel. They provide a comprehensive analysis of biological residues on multiple matrices, and meet EU MRLs and US FDA Safe Levels.
Charm II tests use a binding reagent with specific receptor sites. The binder is added to a sample along with an exempt amount of labeled tracer. Any drugs in the sample compete for the binding sites with this tracer. The amount of tracer that binds to the receptor sites is measured and compared to a previously determined Control Point. The Control Point is the cutoff point between a negative or positive sample. The greater the amount of tracer measured, the lower the drug concentration in the sample. The smaller the amount of tracer measured, the greater the drug concentration in the sample.
- Tests antibiotic residues in milk to US, EU, or CODEX levels
- Choice of antibiotic drug residue combinations
- Tests take 10 to 15 minutes
- No extraction for milk or urine
- One platform tests multiple antibiotic residues in different matrix types
- Tests designed for use by veterinary, laboratory, field, and regulatory personnel
- Detects aminoglycosides at or below US Safe Levels. Has not been evaluated by National Conference on Interstate Milk Shipments (NCIMS).
- Detects aminoglycosides at or below European and CODEX MRL. Central Reference Laboratory (CRL) guidelines available upon request.
Food & Beverage
The Charm II Aminoglycosides test is easily read on: