The ROSA Charm SL-KIWI test enables dairies and food manufacturers to detect five beta-lactam drugs in bovine milk—just like the Charm SLBL test.
In addition, the Charm SL-KIWI test detects 10 other beta-lactam drugs, including cefalonium, below or at New Zealand MRLs. Cefalonium is detected at 15 ppb. The SL-KIWI test is run by farmers, veterinarians, truck drivers, milk receiving, and milk testing laboratories.
This 8-minute Rapid One Step Assay was customized for the New Zealand dairy industry, where testing for cefalonium is critical.
After performing the test using a ROSA lateral flow test, results are read using the Charm EZ system or ROSA Pearl-X Reader. The Charm EZ can be set up to run in a vehicle or to transmit data to a LIMS system.
Lower operating costs and improve transportation efficiency by clearing good milk quickly with the Charm ROSA (Rapid One Step Assay) lateral flow strips which detect aflatoxin M1 and the most common antibiotics used to treat dairy cows. ROSA tests use patented technology to target drug sensitivities to safe and regulated levels, which prevents unnecessary rejection of milk caused by overly sensitive screening tests. The tests are easy to perform and are manufactured to test for US Safe Levels, EU MRL/ CODEX/ Customs Union Maximum Residue Limits and multiple other country-specific requirements. Charm ROSA tests have been granted approval by regulatory authorities around the world.
Test results from ROSA strips may be read and officially recorded using the Charm EZ system, or the ROSA Pearl-X Reader, or may be interpreted visually in an unofficial capacity, making it ideal for farm use.
- Detects five primary beta-lactam drugs at US Safe Levels
- Detects cefalonium just below the EU MRL
- Approved by the New Zealand Food Safety Authority
- Results in 8 minutes
- Uses same equipment as other ROSA tests
- Results can be read in the Charm EZ system
- Detects five beta-lactam drugs at or below US safe level. The SL-KIWI test has not been evaluated by National Conference on Interstate Milk Shipments (NCIMS).
- Detects 14 drugs and cefalonium at or below New Zealand MRLs. Guidelines available upon request.