Charm Cowside II Test is a broad-spectrum inhibition test typically used for screening of raw commingled and ultra-pasteurized cow milk on the farm. It detects all major classes of antibiotics: beta-lactams, sulfonamides, tetracyclines, macrolides, and aminoglycosides. Eleven drugs are detected at or below US Safe Levels, and 30 drugs at or below EU MRLs.
Each kit contains materials for 20 or 100 tests. Add sample, incubate, and then compare the vial color to reference colors for the result.
Cowside II Test kits consist of single service wells that contain pre-measured bacterial spores, media, and a pH indicator. The starting color in the well is blue/purple. Milk is added to the well and incubated. If antibiotics are absent, spores germinate and grow, which changes the color to yellow or yellow/green. If antibiotics are present in the milk, microbial growth is inhibited, and the positive sample remains blue/purple.
- Detects all major classes of antibiotics: beta-lactams, sulfonamides, tetracyclines, macrolides, and aminoglycosides
- Detects 11 drugs at or below US Safe Levels
- Detects 30 drugs at or below EU MRLs
- Approved by the New Zealand Food Safety Authority (NZFSA)
- Ideal for large volume testing
- Easy: Just add milk and incubate
- Results in about three hours
- Results read visually
- Charm Cowside II detects 11 drugs at or below US safe levels. It has not been evaluated by National Conference on Interstate Milk Shipments (NCIMS).
- Charm Cowside II detects 24 drugs at or below EU MRLs.
- Central Reference Laboratory (CRL) guidelines available upon request.
- Approved by New Zealand Food Safety Authority (NZFSA)
- Approved by Polish Veterinary Research Institute (PIWET)
- Approved by Chief Veterinary Inspectorate (Warsaw, Poland)
- Approved by State Committee for Veterinary Medicine of Ukraine