Quickly and Accurately Count and Document Microbial Colonies
The Charm Peel Plate Colony Counter (CPPCC) is designed to quickly and accurately count and document microbial colonies from Peel Plate tests. It’s ready to go – just plug it in – no separate computer is needed. Simply put a Peel Plate test into the Counter and press Count.
The CPPCC takes a picture of the plate and the state-of-the-art image processor accurately counts the colonies. Both images and test results are stored in a secure database. Internal database can optionally be moved to a network for virtually unlimited storage. Either way test results can be exported to Excel report or set up for direct integration into a LIMS system.
Regular calibration checks help prevent counting errors before they happen. If colony counter detects an abnormality with the plate, such as large colonies, alerts appear to notify the user.
The optional barcode and QR scanners simplify organizing and querying test results. Best of all…the plate count and image processing takes less than four seconds.
- Log into CPPCC with unique Operator ID and password.
- Select unique channel for sample type.
- Review test results including counted image and stored data (Sample ID, Operator ID, Date and Time, Count, Dilution, CFU/g, Note/Error if applicable)
- Export one day, week, month, or all current saved test results to a single spreadsheet for easy data management
Sample ID Barcoding
- QR Sample ID
QR scans are a type of 2D barcode that the Colony CounterCPPCC can automatically scan as part of the Counting process – simply insert the Peel Plate test and press Count; then the Colony CounterCPPCC automatically files the Sample ID along with the test result. This streamlines the time it takes to enter a Sample ID and reduces operator error in the Sample ID entry.
- External Barcodes (Barcoded Peel Plate Tests Available for all 1mL Plates)
The reader CPPCC also accommodates an external USB barcode scanner to scan a printed barcodes that are generated by the end user. Barcode scanning streamlines the time it takes to enter a Sample ID and reduces operator error in the Sample ID entry. These types of barcodes are more prevalent compared to QR.
- Auto-incrementing Sample ID
This feature allows for any Sample ID entered that ends in a digit to automatically increment; ex Sample 1 will increment to Sample 2. This streamlines the time it takes to enter a Sample ID and reduces operator error in the Sample ID entry.
- Results calculated in less than 4 seconds
- Robust data tracking and analysis for improved documentation
- Accurate and customizable with unique channels programmed for product types
- Secure with individual Operator ID and passwords to protect data integrity
- Self-contained – no additional computer needed for collecting data
- Compatible with all 1mL Peel Plate tests (Aerobic Count, Coliform, E.coli/coliform, Enterobacteriaceae, Heterotrophic, Yeast and Mold, Staphylococcus Aureus).
- National Conference of Interstate Milk Shipments (NCIMS) Accepted for use in dairy testing