Ochratoxin is produced by the molds Penicillium and Aspergillus and is known to cause nephropathy in farm animals. The ROSA OCHRAQ test enables grain and feed producers to quantitatively detect ochratoxin. This Rapid One Step Assay is a lateral flow test that is read in the Charm EZ-M system or the ROSA-M Reader.
The ROSA OCHRAQ test has been approved by USDA-FGIS using a 70% methanol extraction for detecting ochratoxin in the following commodities:
- Corn Gluten Meal
- Malted Barley
- Oat Groats
- Soybean Meal
The ROSA OCHRAQ test has been validated by Charm for the following additional commodities:
- Ginger Root
- USDA-FGIS approved for eleven commodities
- Quantitation range is 5 to 30 ppb for the first dilution, 20 to 100 ppb for the second dilution
- Quantitative results in 10 minutes
- Extract sample with 70% methanol
- Uses same equipment as other ROSA grain tests
- Meets European Union regulations for unprocessed cereals of 5.0 ppb
- Validated by the USDA-FGIS (Federal Grain Inspection Service) using a 70% methanol extraction for detecting ochratoxin in 11 commodities.