Charm II tetracycline tests detect tetracyclines in milk, honey, eggs, fish, grain, pork, serum, tissue, urine, and water.
The US competitive assay for milk is recognized by the NCIMS (National Conference on Interstate Milk Shipments) and screens at the US Safe Level of 300 ppb total tetracyclines. Tetracycline, chlortetracycline, and oxytetracycline are the predominate drugs detected with this test.
The EU TMRL milk test detects tetracycline drugs at the EU and CODEX MRL of 100 ppb in raw commingled cow milk. The test may also be used with a modified procedure to detect tetracycline drugs at the Customs Union milk import regulation level of 10 ppb.
The Charm II tetracycline test for tissue meets US Safe Level and EU/ CODEX MRLs. This test also meets the Customs Union import regulation of 10 ppb total tetracyclines in pork muscle tissue. The Charm II tetracycline tests for tissue, serum, and urine can be used to test any animal. Charm II tests are also used to detect tetracyclines in grains and honey.
Charm II tests run on the Charm II system and are designed for use by veterinarians, laboratory and regulatory personnel. They provide a comprehensive analysis of biological residues on multiple matrices, and meet EU MRLs and US FDA Safe Levels.
Charm II tests use a binding reagent with specific receptor sites. The binder is added to a sample along with an exempt amount of labeled tracer. Any drugs in the sample compete for the binding sites with this tracer. The amount of tracer that binds to the receptor sites is measured and compared to a previously determined Control Point. The Control Point is the cutoff point between a negative or positive sample. The greater the amount of tracer measured, the lower the drug concentration in the sample. The smaller the amount of tracer measured, the greater the drug concentration in the sample.
- Milk tests detect tetracyclines at or below US Safe Levels, EU MRL, CODEX MRL, or Custom Union import requirements
- The US milk assay is recognized by the NCIMS (National Conference on Interstate Milk Shipments)
- The tissue test detects tetracyclines at US Safe Levels and EU and CODEX MRLs. It also meets Customs Union import requirements for pork tissue
- The serum test is predictive of the EU MRL of 100 ppb tetracyclines in muscle tissue
- Urine, grain, and honey tests are available
- Tests take 10 to 15 minutes after any needed extraction
- One platform tests multiple sample types
- Tests designed for use by veterinary, laboratory, field, and regulatory personnel
- The Charm II TET2 test for milk detects three tetracycline drugs at or below US Safe Level.
- The Charm II TET2 test is recognized by the National Conference on Interstate Milk Shipments (NCIMS) when the competitive assay is used.
- The Charm II TMRL test for milk detects tetracycline at the EU MRL of 100 ppb. Central Reference Laboratory (CRL) guidelines available upon request.
- The Charm II TMRL test for milk detects tetracyclines at the Customs Union MRL of 10 ppb with a modified procedure.