The ROSA WET-S5 Aflatoxin Quantitative Test detects aflatoxin rapidly and quantitatively utilizing ROSA (Rapid One Step Assay) lateral flow technology. The WET method uses an extraction powder added to the sample followed by water (e.g., bottled water) to extract aflatoxin.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration (GIPSA) has awarded a 5 year contract to Charm Sciences to monitor aflatoxin in grains utilizing Charm’s ROSA WET-S5 Aflatoxin Quantitative Test (water-based) and ROSA FAST Aflatoxin Quantitative Test (solvent-based). See the announcement in the News tab below.
This Rapid One Step Assay is a quantitative lateral flow test that is read in the Charm EZ-M system or the ROSA-M Reader.
The ROSA AFQ-WET-S5 test is USDA GIPSA (Grain Inspection, Packers & Stockyards Administration) approved for detecting aflatoxin in the following commodities:
- Quantitative results in 5 minutes
- GIPSA validated for Barley, Brewer's Rice, Brown Rice, Corn, Corn Flour, Corn Germ Meal, Corn Grits, Corn Meal, Corn Screenings, Corn/Soy Blend, Distiller’s Dried Grain with Solubles, Hominy, Oats, Popcorn, Rough Rice, Sorghum, Soybeans, and Wheat
- Materials may be disposed as normal waste providing positive mycotoxin samples do not violate local regulations
- Water extraction – no methanol or ethanol required
- Uses existing equipment; ROSA-M Reader and Charm EZ-M system do not require end-user instrument calibration, standard curve built into reader