Charm II macrolides tests detect macrolides in milk, honey, eggs, grain, tissue, urine, and water.
The milk test detects macrolides and lincosamides at US Safe Levels and EU or CODEX MRLs in raw commingled and pasteurized cow milk.
The tissue tests are used to test animal muscle tissue, including beef, swine, and poultry. The less invasive urine test predicts the levels of macrolide residues in animal muscle.
Charm II tests run on the Charm II system and are designed for use by veterinarians, laboratory and regulatory personnel. They provide a comprehensive analysis of biological residues on multiple matrices, and meet EU MRLs and US FDA Safe Levels.
Charm II tests use a binding reagent with specific receptor sites. The binder is added to a sample along with an exempt amount of labeled tracer. Any drugs in the sample compete for the binding sites with this tracer. The amount of tracer that binds to the receptor sites is measured and compared to a previously determined Control Point. The Control Point is the cutoff point between a negative or positive sample. The greater the amount of tracer measured, the lower the drug concentration in the sample. The smaller the amount of tracer measured, the greater the drug concentration in the sample.
- Milk and tissue tests detect macrolides at the US Safe Level and EU MRL
- Grain, egg, and honey tests are available
- Tests take 10 to 15 minutes after any needed extraction
- One platform tests multiple sample types
- Tests designed for use by veterinary, laboratory, field, and regulatory personnel
- Detects macrolides at or below US safe levels. Has not been evaluated by National Conference on Interstate Milk Shipments (NCIMS).
- Detects macrolides at or below European and CODEX MRL. Central Reference Laboratory (CRL) guidelines available upon request.
Food & Beverage
The Charm II Macrolides test is easily read on:
Automate Antibiotic and Aflatoxin M1 Testing in Milk
The Charm EZ system was the dairy industry’s first combined incubator and reader making quick work of antibiotic and aflatoxin M1 testing in milk. Simply insert a ROSA (Rapid One Step Assay) lateral flow strip and add milk. The Charm EZ system automatically identifies the test, incubation time, and temperature. Close the door and results are ready in minutes.
The Charm EZ system is configured for US customers with tests calibrated to US Tolerance Levels, and for international customers to detect at EU, CODEX, and Customs Union MRLs. It runs a wide variety of ROSA tests for beta-lactams, beta-lactams and flunixin, beta-lactams and tetracycline, chloramphenicol, quinolones, aminoglycosides, macrolides, sulfonamides, tetracyclines, and aflatoxin M1.
- Peel Plate EC Brochure
- Spanish – Peel Plate EC Brochure
- Spanish – Peel Plate EC Flow Chart
- Peel Plate AC Brochure
- Spanish – Peel Plate AC Brochure
- Peel Plate YM Brochure
- Peel Plate CC Brochure
- Peel Plate EB Brochure
- Peel Plate High Volume Tests Brochure
- Charm Peel Plate Applications For Fermented Beverage Industries
- Peel Plate Brochure
- Colony Counter Brochure