PocketSwab Plus for Healthcare
PocketSwab Plus ATP swabs are used in healthcare facilities to control infection by monitoring the cleanliness of key surfaces.
Testing is quick and easy. Simply swab a test surface with PocketSwab Plus. The swab is treated so it can break down biofilm and detect any form of ATP. Insert the swab into the test reagents, and then read the result in the hand-held novaLUM luminometer.
ATP (adenosine triphosphate) is present in all microorganisms, including methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus spp., Clostridium difficile, Candida albicans, and Acinetobacter spp.
Hospital managers set the novaLUM with a numeric threshold for each surface. Results above this threshold are “dirty,” and results below this threshold are “clean.” When a worker performs a test he or she immediately knows whether the test area needs to be re-cleaned.
Data is stored in the novaLUM and can be exported to a computer for analysis.
Researchers evaluated three ATP test systems for their ability to monitor sanitized hospital surfaces as a control practice. The study, published in the American Journal of Infection Control, validated ATP measurement for monitoring the cleanliness of healthcare surfaces. Of the three ATP systems, only the novaLUM and PocketSwab Plus was recommended for use in hospitals without protocol modification.
| PocketSwab Plus AT A GLANCE
• Total sanitation indicator: measures all organics on a surface
• Results in 5 seconds
• 1-year shelf-life at room temperature
• Easy to use; No reagent preparation
• Thread design for consistent testing and repeatability
• Recyclable components for low environmental impact
• Option to store for up to six hours prior to activation after swabbing
• Write-on label
• Foam tip pre-moistened with biofilm breaking agent
• Large foam tip design to maximize sample collection and release
• Durable and flexible shaft to aid in sample collection
Typical test areas to swab include:
• Laundry care
• Medication rooms
• Ware washing
• Ventilation air ducts
• Hand washing compliance
• Feeding utensils
• Hydrotherapy equipment
• Surgical areas
• Isolation rooms
• Hand washing
1000 Tests, Charm PocketSwab Plus
700 Tests, Charm PocketSwab Plus
600 Tests, Charm PocketSwab Plus
|400 Tests, Charm PocketSwab Plus
|100 Tests, Charm PocketSwab Plus
|25 Tests, Charm PocketSwab Plus